Trusted Advocates For Injured Workers
The Law Offices of Lester Friedman is committed to protecting your health and your livelihood.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I have a case?

Every case is different. Fill out our online form at right and we will provide an initial analysis of your specific case. Or call 310-275-1433 and we will be glad to discuss the situation with you.

How much do you charge for a consultation?

The initial consultation is provided to you free of charge.

How much will you charge me to take my case?

Our fee is contingent upon obtaining a monetary recovery for you. Only If we recover compensation for you are we paid a fee. We will request a maximum of 15% of the normal workers compensation benefits.

Should I sign the termination paperwork my employer gave for me to sign?

Unless you completely understand the legal ramifications of what you are signing, it is not a good idea to sign anything before you have consulted an experienced workers’ compensation law attorney.

How long will my case take?

Some cases resolve in a matter of months, but that is uncommon. The average case takes between 9 months and in a very rare instance up to 2 years from the date the effects of the injury become stable or in legal terms when the condition has reached maximum medical improvement.

If I already have an attorney but am dissatisfied, can I seek the services of a different attorney?

Yes, but in most cases if you are represented by a competent attorney your should be cautious about seeking a different attorney. If you are dissatisfied with your current attorney you should express that concern to your attorney.

I am already receiving temporary disability, bi-weekly payments. Why should I get an attorney now?

If benefits are being voluntarily provided we do not request a fee from those benefits. It is advisable to have an attorney on the case before there is a problem rather that after the problem is out of control.

The insurance company is being very nice. Why should I obtain an attorney?

Claims adjusters are given a mandate to save insurance companies money. Do not assume the adjuster’s friendliness will result in your obtaining all the benefits you are entitled to receive.

Will my company retaliate against me if I hire an attorney?

It is the established policy of the State of California that it is a crime and subjects the employer to payment of additional benefits if they threaten or take any action to retaliate against an employee for asserting their rights under the Workers’ Compensation laws.

Why should I select your office to represent me?

Both attorneys are Certified Specialists in Workers’ Compensation Law, certified by the State Bar of California. Our law practice is exclusively limited to representing injured workers and their families that have sustained work related injuries.

What do I do before I see an attorney for my work related injury?

You should report the injury immediately to your employer. Once you report the injury the employer is required to provide a one page workers compensation claim form which only requires basic information such as your name, address, date of injury and brief statement of how the injury occurred. If they fail to provide the claim form be sure to note the name of the person and date and time you asked for the form. If they give you the form fill it out and ask for a copy. Call our office at 310-275-1433 once you have reported the injury.